torstai 4. heinäkuuta 2013

It been quiet - too quiet.

Long time no see, long time no hear, so call me again and..

Yeah - even though I managed to do some progress in 15mm front during the spring, I was awfully busy with armored museums custom scale model (which was also my final work), 1:16 Ft-17 c.1930 of the Finnish Armed Forces armored squadron, built from scratch. I did it, and Im still proud as hell - neverthless to say, I also graduated due to that project. Like allways, it was "free of charge" studentwork with only material expenses to be paid by my customer (in this work, Im quite sure I cant tell the exact price, but it wasnt much), and I must admit, that when you do ~14k € work for free, it kinda kills you inside :D

But yeah - if you visit Armored Museum of Parola here in Finland sometime, please, lay your glaze into museums scale model collection too - this (and few other large scratch-builts) can be found from there.

And now, Im a professional model builder too :)



But yeah, thats about that - my local gaming club had annual "weekend of existentric tabletopgames" in less-urban enviroment, and again, it was rather enjoyable weekend with less-played games, new (and old) people, sauna, lake and long gaming related conversations after few beers in saunas terrace. Ofc, I brought small game along me, sadly I have not gained any photos from the gaming enviroment itself from our official photographer, I shall post them when I receive them.

But what did I brought with me to that happening? Favourite skirimish ofc, my Afrika-mod to Force on Force, or FoF. I really couldnt make much variation, and the scenario we played was from Day of The Ranger, the "Q-truck", where mercenaries hunted down marauding Mawusian pirates using kind of a trojan horse-strategy. I really didint need new figures for the mercs, with exception of LMG, so I got few jungle-brits with Bren from PP , then I did some headswaps and straightened the mag, and Voilà, we have L4A4.

But the main effort was to paint enough pirates for that - Im quite sure I will expand that range with few technicals and rubber boats, and maybe even a improvised gun truck. Anyway, its totally in "Category X" what comes to expanding it.

Two groups of militia, and in front row there is squadfull of former military servicemen. And in the back, Peter Pigs fuel station accessories, with modular base used in my demo table.

 I had conversation with other members of our campaign, and after that I ended up starting "Rogue General"-style army next - solely with soviet equipment, at least the real steel is going to be: AKMs, T-34s, T-55s and BTR-50s/BMP-1s. So its kind of a total opposite of my PMC force, as PMC is completely wheeled, quite flexible and with only light to medium assets - and mostly obsolete ones - but well trained and relatively well supplied. What the Mawusian 8th Armored Brigade (the former name of my rogue generals unit) is going to be, is to move from place to place with tracks, and prefer brute force over actual skill or complex tactics. So quite poor in terms of iniative, but at least they have artillery and MBT-support available.
Eventhough Im still drawing lines for that army, and I havent made any actual purschases yet.

But my another project which is still kinda PiP, the Rooikat:

As mentioned, still Painting In Progress, but it takes shape - its imaginary version (Rooikat 90), fitted with same french-origin high-velocity 90mm gun found from ERC-90 too.

Next in the pipeline are AML-60, and final PMC squad - and one technical, at least. Though Im working with cold war brits too atm, so it might take time `cos I fell in love with old glorys (or skytrex) FV432- fantastic casts, to be said!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti